You can read about our award of National Lottery funding to run the project here.
Throughout 2019 we are creating:
- a citizen research group
- a community choir and song writing team
- schools exhibitions
- a true stories live event
- an open-air theatre production
- a songbook
- a souvenir publication
You can be involved in any or all of it…
There are many ways to be involved. We value all contributions, however small.
We are interested in working with anybody who brings good will and a desire to see something through.
Please look at the schedule and see if you can make the dates. If we know in advance we can work around the times that you cannot make.
The cast will need to be more committed to attending rehearsal dates, but again we will try to be flexible. If you’d like to be in the show itself, you should be prepared for a busy June.
The Choir: 50 or more people
The ‘Stump Cross Singers’ and musicians will learn and sing original, home grown songs inspired the heritage of Norwich Over The Water.
The first four sessions are open. Just come and enjoy yourselves. After that you will be welcome, but we will ask you to tell us if you want to sing at our True Stories event in June and then for the shows in July.
- All those who want to be in the July show can be.
- Musicians and their instruments are fully encouraged.
- All ages and abilities are welcome (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult please).
- Meet on Mondays, 7 to 9 pm at the Octagon Chapel from March 18th until the end of June.
The Crew: 8 or more people
- Help us by supporting us to make and shift things: costumes, set, props and people.
- Please let us know of any skills you have that might help.
- Dates by arrangement – please look at the key dates for possible times.
Cast: 12 to 15 people
- Carry the stories of the show with the choir in support. Big voices an asset.
- Being in the cast is the biggest commitment – so make sure you can make all the shows and key rehearsal dates before putting your name down.
- Must be available for the All-together Sunday on 14th April.
Click here for rehearsal schedule